Keeping you informed about the classification and mailing standards of the United States Postal Service
International Service Suspension Notice – effective April 1, 2022
The Postal Service™ will temporarily suspend international mail acceptance for certain destinations due to service impacts related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Effective April 1, 2022, the Postal Service will suspend international mail acceptance to
New Zealand until further notice due to unavailable transportation.
Customers are asked to refrain from mailing the following services to New Zealand until further notice:
- Priority Mail International (PMI) – effective 4/1/22
- First-Class Package International Service (FCPIS) – effective 4/1/22
- Commercial ePacket (CeP) – effective 4/1/22
- International Priority Airmail (IPA) Packets – effective 4/1/22
- International Surface Air Lift (ISAL) Packets – effective 4/1/22
- Airmail M-bags – previously suspended 10/1/21
- International Priority Airmail (IPA) M-bags – previously suspended 10/1/21
- International Surface Air Lift (ISAL) M-bags – previously suspended 10/1/21
Unless otherwise noted, service suspensions to a particular country do not affect the delivery of military and diplomatic mail.
For already deposited items (Airmail M-bags, IPA M-bags, and ISAL M-bags entered prior to 10/1/21 and PMI, FCPIS, CeP, IPA Packets and ISAL Packets entered prior to 4/1/22), the Postal Service will transport to destination and delays are to be expected. For deposited items (Airmail M-bags, IPA M-bags, and ISAL M-bags entered on or after 10/1/21 and PMI, FCPIS, CeP, IPA Packets and ISAL Packets entered on or after 4/1/22), the Postal Service will endorse the items as “Mail Service Suspended — Return to Sender” and place them in the mail stream for return to sender.
The Postal Service is closely monitoring the situation and will continue to update customers until the situation returns to normal. Please visit our International Service Alerts page for the most up to date information: https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/?utm_source=residential&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=res_to_intl
If you have questions, please reach out to Customer Service via the Zendesk ticket system.
~Linda Sorna, Client Care Manager