eFulfillment Service has seen an increase lately in shipments containing boxes that are so heavy, it is unsafe for our team to lift them.
Other shipments have 15+ single cartons that have to off-loaded by hand and stacked on a pallet so that they can be easily moved around the warehouse as needed. Many of these shipments could have been better handled if they arrived already on a pallet, and had shipped via truck freight (also quite possibly a savings to you in shipping costs).
These trends have made it necessary to define our receiving practices more clearly, and so,effective July 20th, 2020:
- Boxes exceeding OSHA'S safety limit of 50 lbs. (21 kg), will cause a non-compliance fee to be assessed of $50.00 per shipment (the standard $8.95 per half hour normal receiving fees still apply).
- For larger shipments of separate boxes that are required to be stacked on a pallet, we will provide the pallet for $10.00.
- More than 15 non-palletized boxes in one (1) shipment, requiring our team to off-load the boxes by hand, will be done so at the $20.00 per half hour rate, and a $10.00 fee per pallet used.
A RULE OF THUMB! Shipments weight 150 lbs. or more (70 kg), may be able to be shipped via truck freight -- at a costs savings to you.
For your next inbound larger shipment, that would typically be coming into us in multiple cartons, send in a support ticket through Zendesk and we can help you get an inbound freight quote on your shipments (coming from a U.S. port only).
Sending inventory correctly helps us speed up receiving times!
To avoid non-compliance fees and delays getting your inventory from "dock to stock", before you inventory arrives make sure you:
- Have all of your SKUs loaded into the Fulfillment Control Panel (FCP)
- Submit an ASN (Advance Shipment Notice)
- Provide a master packing list for each shipment (these can be sent via a support ticket as well)
- Ask your manufacturer to palletize larger shipments - roughly weight 150 lbs. or move (70 kg)
- Keep carton weights below 50 lbs. (21 kg) meeting OSHA standards.
We are very grateful for your patience and patronage during these difficult times over the past few months.
- Linda Sorna, Client Care Manager & your EFS team
EFS WILL BE CLOSED FRIDAY, JULY 3RD, 2020 IN OBSERVANCE OF THE INDEPENDENCE HOLIDAY