TO ALL OF OUR CLIENTS
Please do not ship inventory without first reading this guide and making sure you are compliant with our requirements. If you are a new client, your account representative will provide you with the "Ship To" address for your inventory once he/she is assured that you are aware of all of the steps required to be in compliance.
Please also note that our normal receiving processing timeline is 2-3 business days, beginning the day after your stock arrives, provided we have all of the necessary information to begin. If your product requires additional services such as bagging and labeling, please add another 2-3 business days to that timeline.
SPECIAL NOTE: AMAZON REMOVAL ORDERS
IF YOUR INITIAL INVENTORY SHIPMENT IS AN AMAZON REMOVAL, PLEASE LET YOUR ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE KNOW IMMEDIATELY AS THESE ARE TYPICALLY MORE CHALLENGING DUE TO AMAZON PROCEDURES AND WE WANT TO MINIMIZE YOUR RECEIVING TIME AND SUBSEQUENT RECEIVING COSTS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.
ALL INVENTORY SHIPMENTS
We hate to start off with the "bad news" first - but this is important information for non-compliance regarding your inventory shipments.........
The following fees apply to all clients with regards to submitting an ASN, providing a packing list with every shipment, making sure that new SKUs are added to the Fulfillment Control Panel if needed and following OSHA guidelines for safe box weights.
A $50.00 fee will apply to each of the items below if:
- AN ASN IS NOT SUBMITTED INFORMING US WHEN THE INVENTORY HAS SHIPPED.
- PACKING LIST IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE SHIPMENT AND WAS NOT SENT IN A SUPPORT TICKET PRIOR TO INVENTORY ARRIVING.
- THERE ARE SKUs IN THE SHIPMENT THAT HAVE NOT BEEN ADDED TO THE FULFILLMENT CONTROL PANEL.
- BOXES EXCEEDING OSHA'S SAFETY LIMIT OF 50 lbs. (21 kg) ARE INCLUDED IN THE SHIPMENT.
- THE BUSINESS NAME LISTED ON THE ASN IS NOT THE NAME UNDER WHICH YOU ARE REGISTERED WITH US.
- YOUR SHIPMENT IS NOT ADDRESSED PROPERLY - TO YOUR COMPANY NAME
The following fees will apply if any merchandise cannot be entered into stock within 72-hours after arrival on our dock.
- We will assess a $25.00 per pallet/per week fee (minimum of one (1) pallet) to inventory that cannot be processed, if we have requested information such as a packing list or SKU entry/identification and it has not been provided within 72 hours after requesting.
- If the information has still not been provided after 30 days, the fee will be increased to $50.00 per pallet/per week (minimum of one (1) pallet) until we are able to enter your inventory into stock.
- Larger shipments consisting of separate boxes that are not already secured to a pallet will require EFS to put these parcels on a pallet to move about the receiving staging/processing/storage areas. We will provide the pallet(s) for $10.00 each.
- Shipments with more than 15 un-palletized boxes in one (1) shipment, requiring our team to off-load the boxes by hand will be charged $10.00 per pallet and an additional $20.00 per half-hour to unload.
- Pallet Replacements or Restacking Pallets will be assessed at $20.00 per half hour.*
*Conditions triggering pallet replacement or restacking
- Two or more broken, split, and/or missing top or bottom slats
- Damaged or broken mains (the three (3) perpendicular heavier studs). If these supports have been repaired and are sturdy, the pallet is usable.
- Any pallet that uses composite or sawdust compressed blocks as separators.
- Any pallet that is not standard 40" wide x 48" deep.
- Plastic Pallets
- Pallets exceeding 54" in height - when the full pallet will be inventoried on pallet racking shelves and the tall pallet needs to be reduced to two (2) shorter pallets to fit on the shelves. Or, for safety reasons where heavy boxes at the top of a tall pallet might fall.
- Any pallet that shows overt signs of structural weakness and could present a potential safety issue.
All merchandise coming into the EFS Receiving Department will be required to have the following requirements met for proper processing:
1. A scannable, visible barcode - This can be a UPC barcode already assigned to a product, or it can be a barcode created for your own internal SKU number. All barcode labels must be scannable without opening or unwrapping the packaged item.
Please view our FAQ on this subject for some tips on how to print your own barcode labels. At the end of this article is a list of barcode types that are compliant.
Please Note: Any merchandise coming into the fulfillment center that does not have a scannable barcode will have one applied by EFS for the fees outlined in the table at the end of this document.
2. A packing slip - All merchandise shipments coming into the EFS Receiving Department will also be required to have a packing slip included with that shipment, or you may also send a scanned copy through the Zendesk support ticket system. The packing list should have each SKU number you have entered in our system and the quantity of each of that SKU expected in the shipment. Your Client Care Account Representative can provide you with a packing list template to use if you are not familiar with the format and your manufacturer cannot provide a packing list with the shipment.
3. ASN (Advance Ship Notice) - Must be filled out when you have shipped your products, providing us with any information you have, including tracking if available. Please note any special handling required for your product, even if you have previously had these services performed, or have discussed them with your account representative. Please be sure you are creating the ASN under the company name you are registered under with EFS. There is a link to the ASN form on your Client Dashboard in the "Quick Links" box, or,
Click here to access the ASN form
Please be aware that if inventory comes in without the proper documentation, it will not be put into the queue for processing and applicable fees outlined above will apply. This means that the receiving timeline does not start until that information becomes available to us.
Please see below for information and suggestions on how to prepare your products to be shipped to our facility.
How to Prepare Your Products
Please read below to locate your type of product and the preparation required for us to receive it into stock. If your items fall under more than one category and you are not sure, please check with your dedicated account representative.
TEXTILES, OR ANYTHING EASILY SOILABLE
- Plush Items (i.e. stuffed toys)
- Powder, Pellets and Granular Materials (Make-up, powder detergents)
- Small Items: Longest side is less than 3” / 7.6 CM (Key chains, jewelry, ash drives)
- Baby Products for small children (teething rings, bibs) or exposed toys (boxes with a cut-out in the outer packaging larger than 1” square)
Required: SCANNABLE BARCODE LABEL, POLYBAG, OR PROTECTIVE OUTERWRAP
NON-LIQUID/NO EXPIRATION DATES
- Skin Care
Required: SCANNABLE BARCODE LABEL, RETAIL PACKAGING PROVIDED BY THE MANUFACTURER, OR POLYBAG
ADULT PRODUCTS (non-nutraceutical)
Items that might be considered “obscene” to a third party*
*(Note: If your product is of an adult nature but does not display any suggestive wording or visuals and/or you are not sure about whether or not your product falls under this category, please check with your dedicated account representative. We do not accept any items that deal with any type of nude images, profanity, or pornography.
Required: SCANNABLE BARCODE LABEL, BLACK, OR OPAQUE POLYBAG
PRODUCTS WITH EXPIRATION DATES
- Foods / Food Products
- Products Packaged with Food
Perishable items are not allowed Non-perishable items must be lot-controlled and more than 90 days from the expiration date at the time of receipt by EFS. Note: Please also see “Expiration Date” products below.
Required: SCANNABLE BARCODE LABEL, EXPIRATION DATE*
*Any product with an expiration date must have that date clearly displayed in the MM-DD-YYYY format. The expiration date must also be printed on the master carton in a font that is large enough to easily read (preferably 36 font or larger). Lot numbers only are insufficient.
LIQUIDS IN PLASTIC BOTTLES (holding more than 8 oz. without a double seal)
It is recommended that a piece of sturdy packaging tape be put over the top of any twist top or pop-up lid after tightening.
Required: SCANNABLE BARCODE LABEL, POLYBAG
FRAGILE/GLASS - INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- China or Dishware
- Picture Frames
- Liquids in glass bottles or jars
Required: BUBBLE WRAPPED AND PLACED IN A BOX OR POLY BAG, SCANNABLE BARCODE
Please Note: If you are not able to bubble wrap prior to shipping us the inventory, we can wrap the items as we process your orders for an additional $.30 per item (added to your “pick” fee for that SKU).
We can also pre-wrap the merchandise when it arrives at our facility. The cost is $20.00 per half-hour labor rate. If we pre-wrap, the added order processing fee of $.30 will not apply.
SHARP, POINTED, OR ITEMS OF A SAFETY CONCERN - INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Metal Raw Materials
Required: SCANNABLE BARCODE LABEL, BUBBLE WRAP, BOX
BUNDLED PRODUCTS (More than one (1) unit is sold as one (1) SKU) - INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Skin Care Multi-Packs
- Food Product Multi-Packs
Multi-packs should arrive at the EFS warehouse already bundled, or with prior arrangements, you can have your items bundled together in our Kitting/Assembly Department. If you elect to do this yourself, please make sure the scannable barcode label is affixed to the multi-pack on the outside of the packaging for scanning.
Required: SCANNABLE BARCODE LABEL, BOX, POLYBAG, OR SHRINK WRAP
EXAMPLES OF SCANNABLE BARCODE TYPES